Friday, December 20, 2013

So Free


Please click on photo to see larger size



Freedom, freedom - such a big word. It's full meaning still escapes my brain, even though my heart totally 'knows'.

The butterfly sat on a tree quite a way away from the house one evening when I went on my walk through our garden, with Kiril the cat on my shoulder. It looked so peaceful and beautiful  that I asked it to wait for me till I got back with the camera.
It took me quite a while to get back, but the little fellow was still there, patiently waiting to become a model... He knew inside that he had the freedom to fly away...

he did't fly away when I approached him with my camera, just a few centimetres away from his wings, making click click click right in his ears. He moved his wings open and close.... I clicked and clicked... while all the time we both were aware that he could fly away any time he wished.

Freedom!

I got nearly 100 photos, some of them were nice and I kept them...

Freedom for me means firstly being  conscious of my choices. I can comply with rules or go against them, I can agree with people or not - if I am doing all I do with great consciousness - knowing why I act as I do - then I have gained a great feel of freedom...

And then.... ah, freedom is flying. Spreading out my wings and flying over the trees, the mountains, towards the ocean... flhing....

No comments:

Post a Comment