Monday, November 18, 2013

A Rose, Just A Rose


Please click on photo to see larger size



I was - and probably still am - overwhelmed by the beauty that is developing in our garden. I could spend hours outside looking at all the different shapes and colours... taking photos morning, midday and evening... and then sit for hours and look at the photos.
Especially I enjoy the ones that start wilting, and the ones that are pretty much gone. Their colours and fine detail is always amazing to me, a beauty that needs a bit of attention to be noticed... but then it's hard to go away without touching the leftovers, taking them off the stem to have a closer look at the filigrane complexity.....
Reminds me of ... ageing gracefully... the flowers certainly know how to do it!


First attempt was this, but I thought it needed a bit more attention:

No comments:

Post a Comment